This project challenges the following course outcomes:
- Apply Art Elements and Principles to the design of three-dimensional forms.
- Create three-dimensional works that incorporate texture, color, light and negative
- space as a vital part of the form.
- Demonstrate ability to transpose from two-dimensional design concept to three dimensional form.
- Demonstrate an understanding of additive, subtractive, and constructive methods
- used to create three-dimensional works
- Focusing on numerous materials, create a 3D form, or series of forms, that focuses on organic shapes.
- Consider experimenting with contrasts : soft vs not soft, flat vs not flat, color vs. lack of color, etc.
Wild About Wire + Textiles
- Mobile – see Alexander Calder
- Abstract hanging form
- Textile / Weaving
- Site specific / installation
- Soft: Yarn, String, Twine, Fabric, Paper, Clay
- Not soft: Wire of any kind – floral, picture frame wire, chicken wire, bendable forms to create armatures.
Artists to research:
Specifically on Instagram:
Courtney Mattison @courtneycoral
Kelly Sheppard Murray @kellysheppardmurray_art
Some of the artists in this exhibit are: