Last week we had a great discussion regarding the History of Animation as well as you created fun and fast flip books.
Commercial Animated Project:
Animated Logo + Animated Banner
Logo: 250 x 250 (approx)
Web Banner Ad Specs: 728 x 90.
Frame rate: 30 fps.
Tentative DUE DATE: March 9
Technical Demo: Intro to Animate interface, keyframes, tweens, etc.
We will have extensive lab time today for beginning your logos, etc in Photoshop or Illustrator. Be ready to work!
I have created a few handouts on creating basic animations. Please look at them
Creating Animations in Animate:
- Create a symbol
I’ll be doing some demonstrations in class. .. and then we will talk about your plan of action for your Commercial Animated Project
Here are some great links to start our discussion
For your animation:
Things to pay attention to:
- Color scheme – this should be unified with your overall branding campaign.
- Typefaces already used by your company.
- The style of copy used. What voice is the writing in?
- Who is your audience who uses the product/your services?
- Determine your overall concept for the advertisement. What aspects of your product do you want to communicate? What will your copy (or text) say? What are some adjectives you could use to describe your product?
- Start a storyboard mockup.
- Import previously made graphics from Photoshop or Illustrator
- Begin altering keyframes and creating tweens!
- Create an animation comprised of 250 frames.
- Save two versions of your file: .fla and .swf
We will have a couple of weeks to work on these animations. Make it great! Get acquainted with Animate!