We made great progress on our logo animations last week. Today is a lab day to refine, and continue working on them.
If you get to a good place with your logo… begin your animated banner design. (See below for specs)
To keep up with the “industry standard” we are going to follow Yahoo Ad Specs for this portion of the project. You may choose any size within the “Standard” banners. Choose one that suits your needs for your particular company and vision for the ad.
Your banner should include your logo but show additional elements of text, image and information about your company. Try to incorporate an additional image (s) – think of this as an ad for your company. . . What are you “selling”?
Timeframe: 24 fps approx 200-400 frames
Kinds of Banners: 1. Simple 2. Expandable 3. Take Over 4. “Blocked Ads”
Ads Best Practices
- Clearly define goals (click or engage?)
- Stick to publisher requirements (technical specs, size, etc.)
- Keep optimization in mind (beautiful graphics vs. file size.)
- Have a clear and prominent call to action (“Click Here for more”) – higher chance of
- Call to Action should be in the beginning of animation
- Use a border to separate it from the website it is appearing on
Goal: provide content in simple ad design
In class demo: