For our semester long project, we will be creating a branding collection for a company of your choice. Your company can be fictional or real, but it must have products or services to sell. Think about a cafe, spa, restaurant, shop or even a self-branding campaign.
1. Create a company
2. Mission Statement (500 words or less)
3. List of products/goods
4. Target Audience / Demographics (500 words or less)
1. Color logo (vector graphics). Consider using Kuler for color palette inspiration. (Illustrator)
2. Business Card (front and back) (Illustrator/InDesign)
3. Mailer/Postcard (front and back) to promote new business (Illustrator/InDesign)
4. Magazine Ad – What magazine would be appropriate to choose? Download/contact potential magazine for ad specs and budget
5. Building Signage: vinyl lettering, billboard, kiosk, product packaging (choose one that is appropriate to your particular collection)
6. Build a multimedia presentation in Prezi
7. Build an interactive PDF for download. Think interactive brochure/pamphlet or form. (2 pages)
8. Build the front page of a website
9. Design a Flash animation for company web banner OR Flash animated logo
Additional questions to consider:
How would your marketing multimedia branding strategy change for the mobile market? Would you design an app? A separate page for iPads? An interactive iBook? A short video piece? A viral YouTube video?
Extensive example: Branding, Identity Design and Typography
Amazing Multimedia design campaign: Savewater Alliance Short Stories
Experimental Branding Campaign: How Much Can You Leave Out?
For the minimalists who love color: PIGMENTPOL
Retro vibe: Retro Relic
Ad spec examples: